Based in Montreal, IBAC is a non-profit organization led by the Director General, Kurt Edwards, and assisted by a staff of experienced specialty managers.
IBAC – a coordinated voice for business aviation
IBAC provides a single powerful voice for business aviation and employs expertise to:
- Represent business aviation as the industry’s official observer organization at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO),
- Ensure global aviation standards reflect business aviation’s needs
- Promote business aviation safety and efficiency through use of international standards, industry best practices, and products created for the industry,
- Provide policy advice, with member associations, on best practices and policies to facilitate business aviation growth in international markets,
IBAC – developing benchmark industry safety standards
IBAC also promotes and manages the industry-leading standards for safety and best practice;
- International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO)
- International Standard for Business Aviation Handling (IS-BAH),
- Safety Management Tool Kit,
- SMS eLearning training and the
- Aircrew Identification Card.
Click here to read the IBAC Definitions of Business Aviation
Browse Our Archives:
The International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) is a non-profit trade association that represents, promotes and protects the interests of business aviation around the world.
As the global coordinating forum for regional and national business aviation associations, IBAC actively promotes the growth of business aviation, benefitting all sectors of the industry and all regions of the world.
Vision: To keep business flying around the world, accelerating economic growth and development across all regions
Mission: To serve the diverse needs of business aviation across the globe
Founded in 1981, the organization is managed by the Director General and is directed by a Governing Board comprised of representatives designated by each of its 14 Member Organizations.
IBAC’s activities are focused around three key drivers:
As the official observer organization for business aviation at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), IBAC is a highly influential force in all ICAO forums that affect business aviation.
Advocacy and Communications
Policy-makers and media increasingly understand business aviation to be an important component of the international air transport system. IBAC plays a global role in communicating the benefits of business aviation.
Promotion of Safety & Best Practices
IBAC-developed International Standards, such as IS-BAO and IS-BAH, are the industry standards for business aviation safety, globally recognized as essential quality brands.
In addition to these key areas IBAC is business aviation’s liaison with other international aviation organizations, such as IATA and IFALPA, and is a member of the Air Transport Action Group (ATAG).